Omega 2.0 16v Auto

HI

I have just changed the head gasket on the above car, I noticed a black plastic pipe coming from under the bulkhead, between the top of gearbox and the bottom of the bulkhead. This pipe has been touching the exhaust and the end has melted off. What is this pipe and where should it go? Occassionly the car will go into nuetral instead of changing up a gear, this only happens when driving o a very light throttle. Could this be linked with the pipe? I will give more detail if it will help.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve