Online Council Tax Payment not working!

Ah, one of their more expensive deals :)

I was with Scottish Power until April for around 2 years and in all of that time their web site allowed me adjust my DD payment. It had a automated over payment refund based on a payment threshold I set (from memory, it could be as low as £10).

I provided a monthly meter reading and within a couple of minutes a new bill was generated showing if I was in credit/debit.

I moved from Scottish Power in April when my fixed price contract ended and they were no longer competitive with their new/current deals. Based on my previous annual consumption of gas/electricity I'm on 12 month deal with another supplier that is approx £150 cheaper than Scottish Power can offer.

Which figures were you using? You cannot use the comparative figures for the mythical average household that they provide on their web sites (unless your consumption of energy matches this average household).

Reply to
alan_m

Possibly only by those who cannot manage their finances and don't realise that you use a lot more in winter.

If you do use this method to pay for your energy it helps to have some idea of your annual consumption (based of previous usage) and to see what is a realistic monthly DD amount. After a full year you don't want to be £100s in credit. Often the DD amount "suggested" supplier is unrealistic.

Reply to
alan_m

I ignore all the average household figures and calculate my own, based upon MY actual yearly consumption, that is the only way to get a figure that actually applies to me.

I was with Scottish Power when they were cheap (about 5 years ago for my area) then British gas, then Sainsburys (also British Gas but cheaper !) Then British gas again, and now Co-op energy since April, their billing is abysmal, but the KWHs are cheap. (3.129p for gas , 10.658 electric, plus standing charge of 150 a year)

Reply to
MrCheerful

alan_m laid this down on his screen :

I use a fixed DD and I micro-manage my finances. It just makes a fixed amount per month that much easier to budget for.

My winter versus summer consumption is not vastly different and I have my precise consumption figures going back for two years.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Crikey. You must have good insulation. Or live in the Caribbean. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) explained :

The highest charge I paid for a single week, which included all three SC's and all three services (water, Electric and gas) was £30.01 the lowest amount £20.00 the following week.

My weekly bill at the moment is between £17 to £20 all in. So not a vast difference between winter and summer. The very low figures, where we were away, I have ignored.

Yes, we are well insulated and LED's fitted to every light which tends to be used much. The entire semi is heated near 24/7 and I am in Yorkshire. I log the 3x meter data weekly, then feed it into a spreadsheet.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield pretended :

We also raise the stored HW tank's temperature (gas condensing) twice per day, which would seem to work out at 9p per session, or 18p per day.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

but 10 months gives you 2 "free" months, and loads of lolly in the bank.

Reply to
critcher

En el artículo , MrCheerful escribió:

+1

it was even better when the interest rate was 5% and there was no fee. Still works out now, though.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

I pay 10 payments (1 May to 1 Feb), by DD.

Payments 2 to 10 are always equal, but payment 1 is usually a few pence greater or less.

For the council, I guess that for most people, they get the full year's payment in well before the end of the financial year.

It's actually rather nice to have that two-month 'council tax holiday', as I have a few annual payments to make around March and April - and this balances out the cash flow.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Ian Jackson explained on 07/06/2017 :

They do the same here, an adjustment for payment 1, then 2 to 12 are all the same.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield