oops wiring got hot

Something shorted in the back of my Ford Laser GL ( same as Mazda 323) I think it was the back window wiper motor. The wire got so hot it melted the plastic insulation covering and did the same to the other wires around it. Lots of smoke and nearly a fire! The wires now look completly stuffed. Are the wires from the front of the vehicle to the back in a type of loom and can I easly replace the whole wire loom. Of course I will investigate what caused the massive short and fix it and also find out why it did't blow the fuse. But I need to replace all of the wires. Any help much appreciated. Chris

Reply to
CeeTee

I assume it's a hatch since it has a rear wiper? If so the hatch loom should plug into the main one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You wouldn't by any chance have bought a nice card with lots of fuses on it from a market trader or similar sadly counterfeit blade fuses are about and they are a real menace.The rating on them is pure nonsense I still see them about (even in filling stations) look very closely at the lowest rated fuse in the pack the wire should be extremely fine if its a bridgeshaped profile with a narrow area its a fake I came very close to setting fire to my Rangie with a 4 amp fuse (not) after a stray wire shorted Derek btw maplins have a box of 120 blade fuses for £2.99

should piss off halfrauds

Reply to
Derek