OT: Ford 1.8 TDCi Lynx engine

Ford offer this engine/box on the Focus C-Max..

1.8 TDCi Lynx Stg 4 115 PS, 5 Speed Manual

Does it have a track record/history or is it new?

I've currently got a 6 speed 1.9 TDi 130PS Galaxy and I'm quite happy with the way it pulls and cruises. Wondering if I'll miss having 6th? The 2.0 has a 6 speed box but it seems a bit overkill to put a 2.0 in a focus for what we want it for. Guess I'll have to test drive one.

Reply to
CWatters

wikipedia has some info on Ford engines, it might be worth a look there.

Reply to
mr p

My 1.8 does around 2,100rpm at 70mph. I've never driven the 2 litre 6 speed, but I imagine the ratios will be a bit shorter down low.

I wonder myself what difference - gear change wise - this would make to driving the car.

Let us know when you've been for a test drive :)

paul

Reply to
paul.groves

Thanks. 2100 isn't too bad.