1.8 TdCi engine fuel leak

I have a 2003 TdCi 1.8 (115 hp) with 57000 miles on the clock, purchased a couple of weeks ago from a garage. Whenever I start the engine hot, thereís a smell of diesel from the
air vents and on idle after running at cruising speed. Also a slight stutter when pulling gently at 1800 - 2000 rpm (this may be characteristic of the engine, I donít know..). There are signs of fuel leaking from somewhere around the injector ramp, but canít see from where exactly. A guy I talked to yesterday mentioned problems on this model with the injector seals. Anyone know about this ? Could it be the source of the problem ? The garage are going to take a look at it, but I thought Iíd get some info beforehand. Thanks
‚úĖ

Hi. Mine hasn't experienced this problem, and I personally haven't heard of it before, but there are folks on this group who have been very helpful to me in the past.
A word of warning, if you suspect a fuel leak around the fuel rail, *don't* go anywhere near it. It operates at a very high pressure and if you are in close proximity to a leak it could potentially have fatal consequences.
G.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"" wrote:
> > >I have a 2003 TdCi 1.8 (115 hp) with 57000 miles on the > clock, > > purchased a couple of weeks ago from a garage. > > Whenever I start the engine hot, there's a smell of diesel > from the > > air vents and on idle after running at cruising speed. Also > a slight > > stutter when pulling gently at 1800 - 2000 rpm (this may be > > characteristic of the engine, I don't know..). > > There are signs of fuel leaking from somewhere around the > injector > > ramp, but can't see from where exactly. > > A guy I talked to yesterday mentioned problems on this model > with the > > injector seals. > > Anyone know about this ? Could it be the source of the > problem ? > > The garage are going to take a look at it, but I thought I'd > get some > > info beforehand. > > Hi. Mine hasn't experienced this problem, and I personally > haven't heard of > it before, but there are folks on this group who have been > very helpful to > me in the past. > > A word of warning, if you suspect a fuel leak around the fuel > rail, *don't* > go anywhere near it. It operates at a very high pressure and > if you are in > close proximity to a leak it could potentially have fatal > consequences. > > > > G.
Thanks for the advice ! It was in the shop today and I got it back this evening. The mechanic tightened up a loose injector apparently. Weíll see how it goes on the trip tomorrow - 1500 km.
The garage did to confirm an apparent problem with these engines, although failed to give any details
If I get any more feedback, Iíll post.
‚úĖ