OT: How much does an average 15" alloy wheel weigh?

Anybody have any ideas? I want to order some from another part of the country and I'd like an idea of what the courier costs might be.

Reply to
Hooch

I dont know, but the last ones I bought were 15" alloys + tyres and the courier bill was about 50 quid.

Reply to
Richard Parkin

Typically, 8 to 10 Kg. (If you're as sad as me, you can occasionally buy hideous ones off eBay for 99p a set then weigh them in for 60p per kilo.)

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

You mean sell them for scrap? LOL

Reply to
Hooch

For a set of four, presumably.

Reply to
Hooch

absolutely. always save and sell aluminium, even ali drinks cans and chinky containers and kitchen foil soon add up to some useful money.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Yup. Current prices make it well worth the effort as long as they're not too far away. It helps if they don't come with any tyres on them of course.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

i've got a couple of alloys to sell, want to keep two of the good ones for spare, I don't like the look of the space saver.

Reply to
History

Go to Halfords. There are always some alloy wheels (replete with rubber) piled up and propped up on display. Now, if you have a weighing scale with a spring hook at one end.....

Reply to
Lin Chung

MrCheerful ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I lobbed an ally-blocked engine (2.0 straight 4, block with crank and pistons, no head or flywheel) into the wheelybin a few years ago...

They hooked it onto the bin wagon, lift, lift, lift, lift... and the entire bin tipped in the truck. Oops.

Reply to
Adrian

that was a waste of a fiver or two

Reply to
MrCheerful

MrCheerful ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I know. I just could not be arsed trekking it round. Life is too short.

Reply to
Adrian

I've a friend who's in charge of bin collections around here, he says that happens two or three times every day. The composting ones are the most fun, because if they're not fished out of the lorry, they get shredded. Then someone has the delicate job of seperating them from the compost.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke