OT: Insurance company trying to fleece me?!

Dennis@home wrote

Or chooses to look at what is on the road and not bother looking at what is on top of poles out of the way of any of the vehicles etc when he is driving.

Corse they do, because they spend a lot more time driving, stupid.

We aren't talking about professional drivers, we are talking about people like Adam as opposed to prats like you that are shiny bums.

Bullshit they do with regard to SPEEDING TICKETS.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Bet they don?t bother.

Reply to
Rod Speed

So he ignores stuff on poles, like signs, traffic lights, etc. A driver is required to take notice of these things. If he can't he shouldn't drive as he is useless.

snip more rod cr@p.

Reply to
dennis

Dennis@home wrote

Nope, those are down lower, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have this one ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

including the speed limit signs.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Which anyone with even half a clue ignores when there is no risk of getting caught.

I also feel free to fart in church at funerals.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Absolutely your right to do so, but anyone that complains about hard to spot cameras giving them a ticket should learn to keep quiet and be thankful for all the times they get away without a ticket. Cameras are now a fact of life and have been for so long that everyone should be aware they exist.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Back then some of us even got the correctly printed tamperproof thin foil factory seals produced by a sweatshop in the far east :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Depends on your definition of professional. A good proportion of taxi and private hire drivers in some cities and large towns in the UK drive like a bunch of arrogant dipshits and pay very little extra premium.

Like Jasper Carrotts mother in law, never been in an accident but caused hundreds.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Quite understandable - but a total nightmare if you bought your vehicle second-hand. Then it would be your responsibility find out and declare as appropriate - but how many people would know they needed to, let alone how to do so?

Perhaps dealers should have to provide a certificate of some sort - so that at least the poor sap buying it has a clear defence.

Reply to
polygonum

Discovered belatedly that my daughter's old car had non-standard wheels and tyres, technically a "modification". We never declared it as we were unaware of it. *Probably* wouldn't have been a problem if we had made a claim but it made me uncomfortable thinking about "what ifs".

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Get a clue and use a decent GPS system that tells them where they are.

And get a clue about how to get warned that one is about to show up.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Drive by the rules and there is no need.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Not that stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They did have a valid point, though.

It attracted attention to the car and probably increased the risk of vandalism by those who have major issues with Christianity.

Reply to
SteveH

I certainly would refuse i8nsurance to anyone who 'puts their trust in Jesus'

As they mostly seem to put their trust in other drivers finding a way round them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have never quite worked out why the sticker makers think Christians have a problem with evolution though (American creationist nuts excepted of course)

Reply to
John Rumm

True. In my case I have had some involvement with the Darwin family....

Reply to
Bob Eager

What they lack in brains is sometimes made up for in other ways:

Showed to that the son (who is a lifelong mini palaeontologist):

"Stupid @~?!!?##@?*!!! etc etc"

Showed that to the wife:

"She's got big t*ts" (or words to very similar effect). Interesting what women notice...

Reply to
Tim Watts