painting metalic

Same as the back covers of the door mirrors, but obviously they're not subject to the wear and tear that a door handle receives. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I used to get spay cans made up from an ICI automative paint factors but that was a decade ago so maybe things are different now.

I used some Halfords paint recently & all it did was dribble out the nozzle. I also find that Holts paint is generally a better match but again it's not easy to find.

Reply to
adder1969

FWIW, It's not really worth DIYing paintwork. Stone chips and the odd aerosol'd bits and pieces are doable DIY, but any major paintwork is a pain in the arse. I'm going to spray my Golf soon, and if I weren't a pikey student, with several other things needing spraying, there's no way it'd be worthwhile as it'll take me a lot longer than an experienced painter to prep and paint properly. If I were giving up half decent wages to do it, there'd be not a lot in in it. If I were buying all the tools for it, there's no way it'd be worth doing.

Reply to
Doki

Paint factors. I've found halfords paints a bit poor in terms of match and quality.

Reply to
Doki

Wilson's on Cricklewood Bdwy (London NW2). Ready in about 15 minutes.

Reply to
Art Deco