Pay As You Go Motoring - Tax Burden

Fed up with the ever increasing tax burden on the UK motorist?

Here's your chance. There is a petition on the Prime Ministers' web site:

[quote] We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy. More details

Submitted by Peter Roberts ? Deadline to sign up by: 20 February 2007 ? Signatures: 666,042[/quote]

Note the 20th Feb deadline. At the time of writing there are 666,042 signatures.

Please sign and pass on this info.

Reply to
Tut-ankh-amun

Why would they want to scrap the best revenue-earner since speed cameras?

Reply to
Brian

They wouldn't, but that doesn't make it right !

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

That's old hat now (hence all the signatures) but worth mentioning again.

I've not signed it though because uncle Tony and Gordon mentioned lowering other motoring taxes if they brought in pay as you go which would be more beneficial for my pocket as I don't drive much. Somehow I doubt the other taxes will be reduced though....

peter

Reply to
naked_draughtsman

And you believe a Labour government will lower ANY taxes?! You naive fool.

Reply to
gazzafield