Petrol LOL

There is an Esso near me selling for £1.379, no queuing there. A Tesco super a few miles away is jammed with queuing for £1.399. I bet they say: "Oh look at the long queue and the high price, we must better join now...". Looks to me like a South Sea bobble.

Reply to
johannes

Did you actually go and find out if they have fuel to sell you?

Around here, there's unleaded available, but no diesel. A huge proportion of cars are now diesel, so there are big queues for it, whilst unleaded is readily available almost everywhere.

Reply to
SteveH

No, but I saw cars tanking up there. I don't know if it was petrol or diesel. My car runs on petrol. I filled up Tuesday, so I'm not bowwered about this tinkle tip. If I run out then I will cycle.

Could be, diesels of course includes most commercial vehicles.

Reply to
johannes

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:38:33 +0100, SteveH drooled:

Same around here, of 6 stations I went to today, 4 had no diesel at all,

1 was limiting customers to max £20 (at £1.49, that's a like a mouthful), finally, the last place I tried at 9pm or so still had long queues, but they had fuel and I filled up - because I had to, not because of panic buying. I fill up once every 3 weeks or so, and my gauge was off the bottom of the scale today. Hell, I drove from Reading to Reigate and back with the low fuel light on..
Reply to
Mike P

I pulled up at my local Tesco at around 9.15pm on the BMW.

Helpfully, they had someone on the approach road telling people they were out of diesel and she directed me straight to a vacant unleaded pump - it was only vacant because most people still can't get their heads around being able to fill on the 'wrong' side of the car.

So I now have enough fuel in the bike to get me to a meeting in Cheltenham and back again- which means I don't have to set off at 7am to avoid all the traffic :)

Reply to
SteveH

The desiels running short because many of the transport companies are filling at stations not at yard, preserving thier own stocks in case this escalates

Reply to
steve robinson

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:32:25 +0100, SteveH drooled:

it was only vacant because most people still can't get their

That's another cause of queues, people being unable to work that little feat out! I've never had a car where the pipe won't reach the other side. The Berlingo is a van, and the hose won't reach round, so I have been known to turn round, and reverse up to the pump.

Reply to
Mike P

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 06:30:11 +0000, steve robinson drooled:

I have not seen one truck queueing for diesel, yet I have seen cars queuing out down the road. I therefore doubt your theory.

Reply to
Mike P

I have seen several but then i am usally up early in the morning

Reply to
steve robinson

"A woman has suffered 40% burns when petrol ignited as she was transferring it to containers in her kitchen in York, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service has said." (SKY news)

Wow! Very sad of course, but she was just following guv advice.

Reply to
johannes

"A woman has suffered 40% burns when petrol ignited as she was transferring it to containers in her kitchen in York, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service has said." (SKY news)

Wow! Very sad of course, but she was just following guv advice.

That's always a mistake!

Reply to
Partac

I don't recall the government suggesting that you pour petrol from one container, to another, in your kitchen, with the cooker on. In this situation, apparently she was passing fuel onto her daughter - again, this wasn't suggested by the government.

David Hearn

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:51:11 +0000, steve robinson drooled:

I suspect the fact that I work nights means I'm awake earlier in the morning than you ;-)

Reply to
Mike P

So would she have done it, if it was not prompted by the guv? That's the test.

Reply to
johannes

I'm just waiting for the next round of panic in about 3 weeks

Reply to
steve robinson

She is as stupid as it's possible to be with only one head. The shame here is that she's already bred, thus passing on the thick as pigshit gene.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

In message , Mike P writes

The local Sainsburys, where I always fill up, have installed extra long hoses for this reason. I occasionally fill up on the 'wrong' side, but it is rarely necessary.

Reply to
Gordon H

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:24:59 +0000, steve robinson drooled:

I'll be off shift then, so I don't care :-)

Reply to
Mike P

In message , David Hearn writes

The government may not be responsible for that accident waiting to happen, but Francis Maude was a prize tw*t for advising everyone to fill jerry cans, that did precipitate a panic buying situation.

I topped up before the panic started, and I followed a guy into the till who had just climbed out of a bright yellow Mustang convertible. I commented to him that there seemed to be quite a few "once per year" cars around, and he gave a sheepish smile.

Reply to
Gordon H

I regard it as Darwin in action.

Having had a month's fire-fighting training and watched a demo of the vapour from an 'empty' bucket of petrol being poured down a flight of stone steps and igniting from a candle at the bottom, I wouldn't have poured petrol indoors!

Reply to
Gordon H