sensible email I received!!

HI all we should all do this land rover drivers can make a difference
We are hitting over95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be
faced with paying £1 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of >an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read it and join in!
Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!
Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send itto at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..
THREE HUNDRED MILLIONPEOPLE!!!
Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.
<snip bollards>
69p? What planet are they on - why do they think garages have supermarkets attached to them now. There is no profit in fuel for the garages!
Oh and 300 million emails - joy. It's called manual SPAM :p
--
Neil

On Oct 23, 10:38 am, "Neil Brownlee"

Well I will be trying to not go to esso or bp. diesel prices are absurd at the moment anything we as consumers can do to reduce the price is worth trying!!

Where will you go instead? Remember lots of fuel is re-branded.
--
Neil

I agree! probably most of the supermaket's are using fuel from bp and esso anyway but thinking about it most bp's and esso's seem to be on the motorway were they definatley clean up I will just be making sure my tank and jerry can are full of the cheapest fuel I can find which is probably tesco for me at the moment! As far as boycotting bp and esso goes that shouldn't be too much trouble for me as our local garage is a Texaco!

TEXACO?? You must be made of money.
Texaco up the road have diesel up at 102p per liter Shell have it at 97p per litre.

Exactly. Who supplies Sainsbury's and Morrisons where I buy what little petrol I use, being on LPG most of the time at 43.9p per litre.
--
hugh
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:38:48 +0100, Neil Brownlee wrote:

Quite basic cost of the fuel is around 30p/l the rest is VAT and Duty. The duty is now 50.35p/l.
So at 1/l you have 17.5p VAT and 50.35p Duty = 67.85p to the government leaving 32.15p/l as the total cost price and profit for the retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer.
How can they get down to 69p/l with 50.35p of duty and a cost price of 32.15p? as they add up to o 82.5p *before* VAT... Add the VAT and you get 96.9375p/l, maybe it's a typo?
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

What does the government do to earn its 50.35 p/litre ?
30 p/l to extract it, ship it, refine and distribute it AND make a profit seems like a bloody good deal to me.
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk says...

Provide schools, roads, hospitals, armies to send off to Iraq, police, social services etc etc?
--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."

Cor, which country is this in then .? After 10 years of "schools and hospitals" as the excuse for all this, schools are still not improving in any meaningful sense, the roads are full of pot holes, the hospitals breed virulent diseases, and their TARGET time to treat an A +E case is apparently 4 hours, the police or their agents don't do their jobs properly, for health and safety reasons - and the government STILL takes 50p litre for fuel and increasing.
Can I get a refund ?
Steve

And whopping pensions for MPs
--
hugh
> 30 p/l to extract it, ship it, refine and distribute it AND make a

It's a lot cheaper than beer......
TonyB

You really have not thought this through have you!!!
Where do you thin the "alternatives" get their fuel from?
All of the refineries are owned by the major oil companies. Not buying from the 'major' filling stations will only hit the poor franchise holders that are struggling to make a profit anyway.
It is the Government that you need to hit, they are the ones that put on excessive fuel duty and then charge VAT on top.
Jeff
I got a 2000L tank here with approx 400L of red diesel in it at the moment any one interested. I'm sure that theres a 'farmer' somewhere that would like it, for his Chelsea Tractor.
LOL
Tony L
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:09:51 GMT, Tony wrote:

Where is here?
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:08:19 GMT, Tony wrote:

Arr, there be Dragons down there.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Good job it's not here - special purge going on at the moment.
(That's Here, Cheshire not Here Berks)
--
hugh
Snip

Snip
As already mentioned there are not a lot of Tesco,Sainsbury and Morrison`s refineries about which kind of makes this another stupid idea. My local jet is now at 99.9p a litre. Blockades and protests are required.What`s the road transport industry doing? Mark.

Site Timeline