peugeot 106d 1998 starting probs

can anyone help? i've changed my starter motor and after a couple of weeks it became sluggish in starting and now it fails to turn the engine and i get constant clicking from the glow plug relay when ignition is turned on!

dave

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

herman

herman ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Battery flat?

Reply to
Adrian

Once upon a time you'd be lambasted for suggesting such an obvious cause. Sadly people are so feckin stupid nowadays that you have to.

Reply to
Conor

The message from Conor contains these words:

I couldn't get the neighbour's Carens started the other day despite jump starting it from my running Audi. Charged the battery and away it went.

Reply to
Guy King

You need to jump start it with the -ve lead disconnected from the dead battery otherwise all you are doing is mostly charging the battery when jumping it.

Reply to
Conor

The message from Conor contains these words:

It's worked with every other car I've jumpstarted for the last twenty five years.

Reply to
Guy King

just fixed the starter - broken earth lead to the gearbox! cheers!!

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

herman

no battery is ok