peugeot 406 rapier hdi (90)

checking the oil i found the dip stick sticking out,pushed it in checked the oil and all ok,checked again today and dip stick sticking out again, pushed it back in, took it for a run lifted bonnett and it sticking out again ? any ideas whats the cause mate says it could be breather blocked but where do you find that under a full bonnett.

Reply to
paulcostall

A pipe coming out from somewhere around the bottom of the block or the sump pan.

Reply to
Conor

Sounds like a blocked breather.

I've not looked at a hdi for a while, but I think it's the same as the old tu engines where the breather surrounds the dipstick/oil filler neck, or is in that area.

Easiest way to find it, is to check the air inlet pipe between the air filter and turbo, and look for a smaller diameter pipe (about 3/4 to 1inch) joining into it. That's the breather hose. Just follow it back to where ever it attaches to the engine.

Reply to
moray

I have a C5 (same engine) mine was doing exactly the same thing, when it was pushed in it didn't feel tight so I wrapped a layer of electrical tape round the rubber bit and it now stays in.. I reckoned the retaining rubber was a bit worn,and it didn't seem to have much blowback so it was worth a try

Des

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes