Peugot 2.0 Hdi Engine

Hello,

I've just bought a 2003 motorhome with a Peugot 2.0 Hdi engine installed.

Is this engine one of the newer common rail diesels ?

Also, what's the general opinion of this engine ?

-- Zozzer

Reply to
Zozzer

Zozzer ( snipped-for-privacy@B2yonder.co) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yes.

Bloody good lump.

Reply to
Adrian

V.Good Engine but HDi's will only run on 30% blend of BioDeisel

Peugeot tried to make themselves look Green when revealing the news

VAG Group TDi Engines from 1998 will run on 100% blend

Reply to
A C

Expensive at timing belt replacement time as the crank pulley should be replaced along with the belt (and tensioners / waterpump etc)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Apart from the FIE how do these engines differ from an XUD9?

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

PhilC ( snipped-for-privacy@talktalk.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Adrian

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
Zozzer

What's a 100% blend? If it's 100% anything then it's not a blend.

My new VW (2.0 tdi Touran) says "No biodiesel" in the handbook.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Well a 100% blend would be equal measures of each thingymejig - so 50%, 50%. Can't get much more blendedly equal than that.

Reply to
David R

Err no...

If the Bio-diesel is upto spec it will work with these engines just fine.

If you mean shocing veggie oil or such like in the tank then thats called SVO or WVO blending with normal Diesel and as such isnt Bio-Diesel, its just veggie oil :o)

Reply to
Will Morrow

As I understand, only until 2004. And the biggest problem with VAG TDI (note the capital "i" here) is the machines they're installed into.

Reply to
DervMan