Pinto Carb problems

Friend of mine has just bought a cheapie Kitcar as a runabout but couldnt get it to run.

So this morning Ive hada fiddle with it and am convinced its the carb.

Its a DGAV32/36. I got it running but only with full choke on. I suspect the jets are probably full of crap? Any ideas?

Reply to
Occam

Yup, they're probably full of crap. I had to clean one out this morning.

Reply to
Pete M

I cleaned out the two Jets in the float chamber but it still will only run on full choke ?

Reply to
Occam

Completely strip the carb body and soak all non-rubber bits in brake fluid overnight. It dissolves that 'orrible gum and varnish really well. Use compressed air and a small nozzle to blow the crap out all of the small galleries and drillings in the body. JB

Reply to
JB

take out the idle jets (on each side, a brass screw with the jet attached, clean as needed)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

& check for airleaks, either via the trottle plates or the other pipes to the manifold.. Closely followed by a trip to the rolling road, if it's been played with in any respect then the dyno's the cheapest BHP/economy increase you'll ever get.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Oh I think all hes after is the motor running reasonablly. Hes bought a Carb kit so the carbs going to be stripped down

Reply to
Occam

Fair enough, but check the secondary jet hasn't already had it's size changed.

Reply to
Duncan Wood