Plasic Dipstick Snapped Off

Just tried to check the oil in my wife's Citroen C3 1.4HDi Diesel and found the bottom 5cm of the dipstick (the bit with the oil graduations) missing. It seems to have just broken off.

Should I just get a new dipstick and not worry about the old bit or should I get the bottom taken off the engine and get the old bit removed?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Just to confirm - the dipstick is made of Plastic

Reply to
Chris

Leave it. Just buy another dipstick Chances are that the broken piece will harmlessly remain in the sump. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

It'll probably lie harmlessly in the bottom of the sump and if it were my car I'd ignore it.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong