poorly focus

friends car, focus 1.4 zetec W reg. started to sound like a sack of shi..... its running rough, hot or cold. ie about to stall, compensates, then drops to stalling point recurring.

I am thinking airleak, but if anyone has better idea pls :-)

oil ok btw as is other fluids.

n.

Reply to
Neil

This is at idle speed yes? How is is running if you raise it above idle?

If just at idle speed, sounds like you have a fairly major post AMM air leak, so check all intake ducts, and vaccuum pipes on the inlet manifold.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

"Tim (remove obvious)" wrote in message news:dou8kv$6b2$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

thnks 4 yer reply, yup, i belive just idle, the car is comming here in a hour, Where is the air mass meter?but will check the usual vac pipes on manifold n brake server.

bit cold here, its minus 3 here

Reply to
Neil

It's worth checking the idle control valve isn't acting uip first as it's easy to get to on the 1.4 engines.

Have a look on

and search for "idle control valve"

Reply to
Chris Street

cheers,

I have seen the car now, after she took it to a garage, I cant believe this,

it turned out that it was the alternatorbelt being very noisy and odd squeals, even being a multi groove belt, .

So, the garage sprayed wd40 on the belt????? It shut it up, but I feel this will make the belt slip more now?

Reply to
Neil

So, how does a rough, uneven, poor idle quality turn into a squealing drive belt?!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

dont ask me, the owner is a woman.