Primera petrol/hatch cable bodge

Hi, My L reg Primera's cable has broken right at the point where it joins the pin thing at the handle by the driver's seat. I'm thinking of a bodge along the lines of: Using the end of a curtain rail wire (you know, it has a small ring at the end), then joining to the cable using one section of a small electrical "chocolate block connector strip". (I hope I make myself clear !)

I think this failure is quite common. Any alternative bodges or suggestions ? I believe actually pulling through a genuine replacement cable is a royal PIA. Having open the hatch each time I want to fuel up is a pain, but not dreadful !

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Primera guy

If there's enough room for your 'bodge' it should work if there's nothing else wrong with the cable. My L reg Primera cable didn't break in 10 yrs so I don't know how common this fault is, not very I would have thought as this is the first case I've heard of. My petrol release was quite light and easy to open, if yours isn't it might explain the broken cable, i.e. your cable could be crushed, rusty, or badly routed so extra force was needed to operate it.

Reply to
SteveB