Prius causes mayhem

Bet you he was looking at his dials and not the road.

Reply to
Tunku

And where does it mention that the Prius driver was at fault? It's a tragic accident however it was caused and posting comments like this are totally unnesessary and uncalled for.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

A Prius does not have dials.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

"mrcheerful ." wrote in news:qdllg.88282$wl.7302 @text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Cheerful, don't spoil a good story. Virtual Dials? but not round things? lines all over the place showing you where the power is going/coming from.SHHHHHH

Reply to
Tunku

6 people died and you want to make a joke. Sick f*ck.
Reply to
Mark Hewitt

What I don't get is this; in comparison to the civilian deaths in Iraq, 9/11 looks like it had a 'few' people killed. It annoys me how this country's compassion is skewed only towards mainly white societies.

Reply to
Yozzi

Humm. I wonder who's most likely to be at fault. A kid of 19 with a 4 month old screaming baby in driving a boy racer Escort or an elderly couple in a Toyota Prius. Tricky.

Reply to
CWatters

I don't think the ethnic status of either driver was mentioned was it?

Reply to
CWatters

5 from the same extended family in an escort sound like Indians or pikeys, to me. Perhaps they were at fault, not the old couple in the nearly new car.
Reply to
mrcheerful

Please don't make assumptions regarding the causes of this horrific accident. We have few facts, and there can be any number of undisclosed reasons for the crash. Fault on either vehicle could have caused this, or even an animal on the road. Sometimes accidents happen with little possibility of avoidance.

You certainly seem to be suggesting it was most likely the driver of the Escort was at fault. How did you know the baby was screaming? From experience, I know babies who sleep wonderfully when in a moving car. How did you know the Escort was a 'boy racer' one? Escorts aren't inherently dangerous. Conversely, how elderly was the other driver? We don't know. Had either driver been drinking? We don't know. There are plenty of safe 19 year old drivers out there, and there are plenty of safe elderly drivers out there. Similarly there are dangerous examples of both.

6 people died in the accident. That's bad enough. Lets not apportion blame without facts. People will be grieving over this - have a little compassion. D
Reply to
David Hearn

1 guy (19), his partner (21), and his 2 sisters (early teens), along with his 4 month old baby. Could have been part of a family day out somewhere.

According to Parkers, Last Escort was 2001. First Prius (saloon) was

2000, first hatchback was 2004. It is possible that the Escort was newer than the Prius.

Please don't make such public judgements about people from such few facts. I doubt "pikey" is meant in a positive manner, so please try to have a bit of compassion for the family of those who died. We have no idea of what caused the accident, or whether either party were at fault.

David Hearn

Updated info here:

David Hearn

Updated info here

- as you can see, they appeared to be a normal, loving family. D

Reply to
David Hearn

David Hearn ( snipped-for-privacy@NOswampieSPAM.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What was that about assumptions?

Reply to
Adrian

Having a card written to the dad saying "To my daddy. With love and kisses and a hug or two, from your little boy who thinks the world of you." does sound like a loving family - maybe an assumption.

Along with a statement from a grandparent of the driver saying "They were a great family, so popular and loving."

The link to these quotes is

David Hearn

perhaps the automatic parking assistance steering just took over?

Reply to
mrcheerful

So what is an extended family then?

The fully laden escort is quite old, the prius almost new (see the pictures)

We had a very similar crash local to me recently, the car (old fiesta was stolen) being driven by a multi arrest thief, whose dad was in prison for ramraiding, they were all out joyriding, since then the distraught family members have been arrested all over the place for firearms offences etc.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

mrcheerful. ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Going by the BBC's video report -

Late Escort, oval grille - so post '96. Not chavved up - it's still on steel wheels.

But - look at the damage positions.

The Prius was hit dead head-on. The Escort was hit in the *passenger* side doors. HTF was the Escort broadside at impact? On a single carriageway road?

Reply to
Adrian

came over that blind left hander over the hill, lost it (overloaded) went sideways, fishtailed the other way and got the old couple?

Reply to
mrcheerful

Pretty much what I was thinking. As the road drops away, grip goes down more than the driver was expecting. Given the positions of the flowers wrt the bend, I'd agree with you - oversteer followed by an overcorrection.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George