Pug 206 water ingress

My daughter's 206 is letting in water, which is lying in a puddle beneath the back seats and making them wet. She tells me that someone at work has the same problem, as does a friend of that workmate, so I assume it's common on these. Any experience of it and how it's sorted would be handy before I get to have a look at it.

Reply to
shazzbat

"shazzbat" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Go on, give us a hint...

Since the water ingress is probably around the back of the body, is it a three door? Five door? Estate? Convertible? Sunroof?

Reply to
Adrian

Doh. It's a five door, no sunroof. She tells me that the door panels are dry, as is the parcel shelf. She hasn't lifted the boot mat yet, but hasn't noticed any wet in the boot.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

running down behind the door card and dripping off the bottom edge (this happens on quite a few cars)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Hi,

On 205's, the common path was the rear light clusters... Since it's a 206, here's a hint for you : the space beneath the rear seats makes a kind of pool, where water may be accumulated. My usual suspects would be the taildoor's seal. Mine has a similar behaviour, due to an incorrect door clearance (I should fix it... damn I tell that on any heavy rain day), this letting water go it's way and making the rear floor carpet wet.

HTH,

Reply to
G.T

Ta for that. I shall certainly have a look at the weekend when she comes over. But she tells me the carpet isn't wet, just under the seats, mostly the driver's side.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Shot in the dark but if the seat support is wet and the carpet isn't the the water is coming in new or directly above the rear seat. If it is not a sun roof problem then maybe there is a leak from the floor pan. I have a 405 - totally different car I agree, but under the seat is a big round plug about 125mm diameter from memory which gives access to the fuel gauge sender and the top of the tank. I would imagine if this did not seal properly then when driving in the rain, water would be driven in through this plug and hence into the seat area.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Place a piece of paper between the top of the door and the door seal and close the door on it. If you can pull it out easily look for signs of water ingress in the general area.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Hi,

Brilliant. I haven't lifted the rear seats for ages (I have no big needs as a cargo), but it seems to me there are 2 of these big plugs.

Regards,

Reply to
G.T

So was you pug leaking there GT? Hope I might have helped you fix it. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi,

Nope. I discovered this (these ? Damn I'm in doubt but I'd swear there were two and I'm too lazy to have a look or looking into the parts list either), I mean the "swimming pool" made by the shape underneath the rear seats when, at the beginning of my drive with this 206, an almost full tank of windscreen fluid spilled and flushed in the boot. With almost two pints of this laying at the back, I was almost stoned because of the odour after a 20 miles trip to work :-)

Regards,

Reply to
G.T