Puking water after a run?

hi lads, I have a diesel Citroen xm, which is leaving a puddle of water on the drive every time the car has been run. any idea what could be causing this?

Steve

Reply to
R P McMurphey

Lostin1999

A leak ?

Is it losing coolant from the radiator/expansion tank ?

May be a weak spring on the expansion tank allowing the coolant to boil, or a pinprick which leaks under pressure.

Run the engine to hot/warm, and look for any steam or water squirting out.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Depends where its puking it from.

If from the bulkhead then its condensate from the aircon ( i,e don't worry )

But since you are asking this question in December, I pressume its not aircon and probably its coming out of the expansion tank. You could have a blockage in your system (thermostat stuck in a nearly closed position ) or the head gaskets gone...( worry ) Check the oil for goo

Reply to
Ebodski

Sounds like the water pumps leaking.

Ian