Wtd Mondeo rear bumper

can anyone give me details where I can obtain a new rear bumper for a mondeo hatchback L reg cheaply.

TIA

Ian

Reply to
Big Mc

Try ringing round your local vehicle breakers/scrapyards. I get bits for my Escort this way. They usually charge about 20 regardless of the size/rarity of the bit. I once got a Mazda light cluster for 25 that would have cost over 100 fromt he dealers!

Cheers,

Robert

Reply to
Robert R News

sorry should have said that I have already tried all my local breakers around Peterborough but no back bumpers so I am now looking for a cheap new bumper.

Reply to
Big Mc

I believe the saloon and hatch bumpers are the same, if that helps. The estate is definately different.

I got mine on ebay - I think the seller was called UK salvage (but it was a new bumper, sprayed to the right colour - good service).

Reply to
TimM

I had to get a front one for a 96 Moandeo that the wife took out a gate post with. I went to a scrapper in Leeds and they sold me a new primed front for about £70 ( 3 yrs ago )

If you can't find a used one, there's always the motor factor places that could get you a new one for that kind of money. Because they are primed, there's less cost involved in prep-work.

Reply to
Ebodski

Somewhere that sells Hadrian bumpers?

Reply to
Doki

what ???????

Reply to
Big Mc

Hadrian make or at least distribute bumpers and such. They're pattern parts basically - should be cheaper than a Ford bumper. They've a website if you look on google.

Reply to
Doki