Re: Another bloody problem on this escort

Hi People,

> > Sorry to be back again so soon:( > Car is a Ford Escort 1.4i 1994 (Belive CVH/CFI) > > Recently my car failed its MOT on CO emissions with some great help from you > guys (& Gals) it was found that the Throttle Positioning Sensor was duff. > > This was changed, CO was excellent, flew thro the MOT after that. The Car > also had full service, all the Valves were regrounded, Pluges etc etc all > changed & New Tappits fitted. > > I`ve done about 450 miles in it now Problem i have now is the fuel > comsumption, its only doing about 275 on a full tank (About 35 quids worth > of fuel) > > Anybody got an suggestions on what could be wrong now, or if i could have > done anything wrong? >

Assuming 75p/litre for fuel it's using about 10.3 gallons so is doing about 28MPG. If a fair bit of the mileage is urban then it's about right. If it's all free flowing NSL roads then it's a bit crap. Mind you it does depend no whether you've altered your driving style to take advantage of the new found oomph.

Reply to
Conor

I disagree, I had a 90 Escort IV 1.4 carb (albeit with the stupidly high gearing) which did 34-38mpg. Always got at least 400miles to a 55litre tankful.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Blow up the tyres and check for binding brakes? The CFi never was particually good- lower CR than the carb model and inferior fueling and igntion than the carb model, plus the Mk5 is heavier...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..