Re: CV joints on Punto

CV joints usually clunk - clunk rather than tick.

The CV joint on the other side may start clunking in the next year. It's not an easy job to just replace the CV joint, but replacing the whole shaft is more straightforward if you can find an amenable scrap yard. I got mine done on a Cavalier for £30 each. As there aren't as many Puntos parts in scrap yards, it'd probably be more for you.

Hi guys, > > not really a regular on this board since I changed to a landrover - i > normally just lurk:- > But the handbags car has started to make a good old ticking noise when > turning right on full lock. I presume this means the left hand CV > joint needs replacing? > If so - how hard are they to change. > Its an M reg punto turbo diesel. > > Usually with problems on the landie i just beat them into submission > with a lump hamer or grind the bugger to death with my angle grinder. > But i don`t think a punto would agree with my normal methods! > > Also, any other bits I should look at if the CV`s are wearing out - > any other associated parts that wear in tandem? > > Cheers for all your help, > > Nick C > landrover series 2a 1967 > Punto TDS
Reply to
David