Re: Do I need to use sealant on a exhaust manifold and gasket?

In replacing a exhaust manifold gasket on a 84' Tablot Express do I need to

> use a gasket sealant such as Red Hermatite?

Not hammertite no! It will melt. Use a smear of exhaust cement both sides of the gasket if you want.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

In message , Tim.. writes

He said "Hermatite" not "Hammerite" :)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

do I need to

No. Just make sure both surfaces are clean. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

He did actually say Hermatite but you are correct -use Exhaust Cement, Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart