Re: Frigging fireworks

The message from "malc" contains these words:

Akshirley the sulphur dioxide (?) released from fireworks is a global > coolant, so all in all they're carbon neutral.

It's a bloody irritant. Or at least, something's making me really wheezy the last couple of days.

Reply to
Guy King

A good idea would be to make it illegal for use except the night of the 5th, regardless of what night that falls on.

OR, alternatively, the saturday closest to the 5th, perhaps? Licenses could be given to big events etc.

OR, alternatively, we could just not bother about 'em and let the chavs happily burn their eyebrows.

Reply to
David R

aaaaaaaaaaa f*ck off!!!!

we cannot ban fireworks.

If we did we'd never have a Prime Minister assassinated...

or a President if it came to that

-- Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

Why not make pretty fireworks tax free and tax the loudness of the bangs accordingly, so that every time the ape-men set off one of those devices that make you think that your house is going to crumble to dust and your pets literally shit themselves with fright, then they (the ape-men not your pets) at least have to pay a tenner for the privilege of doing so.

Reply to
Ivan

I wasn't condoning any of the ideas ;) See, they're great after all son!

Reply to
David R