Re: OT Mercs

Friend of my brother bought a new merc top of the range with all the

> whistles and bells . > > Battery kept going flat everynight when the security system was armed > . > After 3 months of the car constantly being 'repaired' by the garage > they finally found the answer ............................. > > Dont switch the alarm system on overnight

Must be a crap battery or crap alarm system if it flattens the flattery overnight

Reply to
malc

Battery replaced 4 times , security system mercs own you dont expect that from an sls amg coupe

Reply to
steve robinson

There's a reason for that, it's faulty.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

P38a Range Rovers used to do this if they were parked in certain places; anywhere where there were lots of people using car remote fobs (i.e car parks...), near mobile phone masts, and certain types of security systems used to put the alarm in 'alert' mode where the car thought it was under attack from someone trying to break in electronically, so to speak. There's a possibility the Mercedes is suffering from something similar.

Reply to
Pete M

Not where this car was parked , nearest house house was 4 miles away

Reply to
steve robinson

Really? Wasn't Merc pretty near the bottom of the US JD Power fairly recently? I recall Jeremy Clarkson using the phrase "built like a Mercedes" in a sarcastic fashion.

Not that Mercedes is the only company to build imperfect cars you understand..but the more toys and equipment, the more there is to go wrong.

Reply to
Zathras