Re: peugeot 306 stereo ISO problem

I recently purchased off e-bay a used Peugeot cd player to replace my old

> cassette player. The cd player model number is 2294B(D). I was under the > impression that it would work in my 306 XSi 1997 P reg. > > Two out of the three wires that connected to my old cassette player do > connect to the used cd player but the top connector doesn't fit at all. > > Does anybody know if I can get a new connector to replace the one that > doesn't fit, or is it a case of reselling it and getting one that has the > same connection points? > > I have attached a (crude) jpg drawing of the connector as you look at the > back of the cd player. > >

Hi Chap,

The third plug is usually for a CD changer however it can also be for display and steering wheel remote contol. You can buy an extension cable about £5.99 which is male to female ISO lead this will cut the third plug out and enable you to plug the CD unit straight in.

Hope this helps

D.

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

Try

Jim

--=20 Remove `spamtrapped` to reply off-list

Jim Mason

Hello and cheers for the info.

Would I be able to get the cable you mention from Halfords? Or could you recommend a website that may sell them. I have checked but seem to be getting leads for Peugeot's other than my 306.

Again thanks for your reply.

Reply to
Cookacat

Thanks. This site doesn't have 306 1997 ISo adaptor leads tho'.

Thanks for info.

Try

Jim

Reply to
Cookacat

Hello again,

I put the used Peugeot cd player (2294B) in the car. Both the ISO connectors are fine, and the cd player works ok. Although when I turn the car off the radio loses all of it's memory. Something I read about switching red and yellow 'switched' wires.

The third plug on the cd player, which the third lead from the car won't fit now, is the steering stalk adaptor. Is there an adaptor that will enable me to connect the third lead from the car to the stalk adaptor plug on the cd player?

Reply to
Cookacat

Yes, you should be able to get a connector to fit (50p from a scrap yard). Be aware though that not all ISO connectors are the same, even if they fit into the same plug. For example I had to swap the switched 12V lead with the permanent 12V to get my CD player to replace a radio/tape player. If you get another stereo it could well have the same problem. This page, and the example wiring diagram at the bottom of the page, might help.

dp