Ford Escort......noisy transmission.......

Hi all,

Ford Escort 1.6cvh with CTX tranny......

Lately...past 3 days the car has developed a droning noise while driving.

The noise does not get louder with increased acceleration and its still there if its put into neutral.

I wont get a chance to see the car till next weekend....but I fear it's the auto box.........

any ideas .......??

TIA.

Reply to
Sir Richard Richard

Almost certainly a wheel bearing on the way out by the description. Try and work out which corner it's coming from, then jack it up and see if the wheel spins freely or not.

Reply to
Rob