Re: Renalt Clio gearbox problem

Hi,

> > I was wondering if any one could help. > > I have a MK1 Renault Clio 1.2 RN which when driving on the motorway > for aleast half an hour (some times more) it jumps out of 5th gear. > > Does any one know why this might be? > > I have tried taking it to a garage but they said they could find no > problem (obviouse I suppose considering the symptom). > > Thanks in advace for any help. > > Richard

Could be :

Worn gear linkage Or in my case it was a gear linkage that was damaged! rubber bush that had fell out

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

If it's the JB3 or JB5 box as fitted to the Renault 5, a common cause of 5th jumping out is the black end cover of the gearbox taking a bash. Drain the box, unbolt the cover (can do this with engine in on an R5, I don't imagine the Clio's any different), and inspect whether the 5th selector's been hitting the cover. Just straighten it out with a hammer, and refit it.

Rich

Reply to
Rich Russell