Re: Replacement Low Beam Bulb for Mazda 6

"TheScullster" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

My question relates to the bulb type... The owners manual appears to > refer to either a Xenon Fusion 35W or a Halogen 55W. > How am I supposed to know which is fitted without removing the existing > item?

Has the car got Xenon/HID lights or normal Halogen ones...?

I'd suspect by the fact the bulb's failed that it's Halogens.

If the lamps don't have any washing kit, and don't self-level, they're definitely halogens. HIDs will be much "whiter".

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" wrote

Thanks to Mr Cheerful and Adrian Bulbs are halogens - just went down Halfords and got both replaced like for like. £8 fitting charge, hardly worth taking the afternoon off to sort myself.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Xenon is a trendy word and it gets abused. It may at best mean a bit of xenon gas in a halogen lamp. HID are true xenon lamps - they work at high voltage - a bit like a continuous electronic flash.

(a bit like watching Plasma TV which is really an LCD)

Reply to
John

"John" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

35w - not to mention the fact they're one of the options for standard-fit on a modern car - does kinda point to them being HIDs rather than "Xenon- gas" H-bulbs.
Reply to
Adrian