Re: Second Question - A problem revisited - AWM it concerns the MEMs computer?

Ah just had a look, now behind the turbo there's a little round unit with a pipe coming from it which goes to a T behind the air filter. This pipe has split couldn't tell until i handled it.

Any ideas what this pipe is and if this is the problem?

Obviousely it's being replaced ASAP and im not using the car til it's done.

Thanks Paul

Some months ago i replaced the CAS sensor on my Rover 820 Vitesse. The > problems the car was exhibiting were when accelerating the engine would > stutter, as if fuel was cut off, badly. > Replaced the sensor and after a day of driving the car was fine - i assumed > the computer needed to record new averages from the sensor or something. > > Anyway, had the clutch replaced the other day and the garage had the battery > off, now the problems with the sensor are back and i've driven just over a > hundred miles with no improvement. > The symptoms are *exactly* the same, although i am open to suggestions that > it could be something else. I have removed cleaned (wasnt really dirty) and > replaced the sensor to no avail. > The revs don't go "erratic" very often although it did read 4,000 rpm when i > was doing about 2,000rpm going by engine noise / acceleration when it went > wonky last night. > > Also, now my ABS fault light comes on when the above happens, but only > sometimes, i know one of the sensors is a bugger as it used to happen when > taking a corner quickly. > > > My question is is the computer setting itself up? > > Anyway thanks, > Paul > >
Reply to
Mr P A Latham