Got the money now

Where can i get a 3 Bar Webber??? map sensor cheap? I looked at some places that want £90, on ebay they still go for £60 - £80 There must be cheaper map sensors about?

I want to get one that works with this turbo display:

Cheers

Timmay!!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Is it you that makes these or are you so impressed with them you keep posting links? Either way i have one and the screen is lovely lit up. Just can't be arsed to wire it in at the minute...

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Possibly sold, yey!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 - But soon a fancy T28!1998 Audi A4 - For Sale

Reply to
Chet

How much? You seriously aren't thinking of spending over £100 on that are you?

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

I really need one, but the cost of new map sensors are too expensive at the moment. I think the price is stupid, i recon that they can`t cost that much to make this sensor. I`m adding a turbo to a ford 2.9 v6.

I must admit I`m thinking of buying a few to sell, spoke to the person, and might sell in bulk to me ( to fund the engine mods).

Cheers

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

I fail to see how you need one, its more of a novelty than anything. It only updates twice a second which is quite crap. Theres better displays out there if you need them

Chet

Reply to
Chet

What do you suggest then? I need pressure and a/f ratio, temp is not important to me. I would like it to be in one unit if poss. Cheers

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Why stop at one turbo? :-)

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I agree two turbos will be nice. The only turbos I have got are T3s:

Renult 21 T3 Rs turbo s2 T3 and Cosworth 2wd T3.

Can`t get any cheap T25s at the mo. Shame - would be nice to run two T25s.

I`m looking int getting a few T3 flanges laser cut - anyone else want some?

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

In news:4177e93f$0$59474$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net, timmmmayyy! decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Ooof, you may have trouble with running one turbo, y'know.

Surely you can find a Saab or something in a scrappy? Even 2 Fiesta Turdo T25 things'd be better

Reply to
Pete M

sheltered

There are some nice small turbos in jap cars. Whent to a jap scrappy, the prices they want for a slightly worn turbo is stupid. At least the t3s are cheap (relatively). Got t3 rebuild kits cheap from america.

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Go for twin trim40 T3's and fit restrictors to them like WRC cars, limits BHP, but build the engine for torque.

a 2.9 V6 should be able to spin up a T3, and you will definatley get a brown trouser moment when it spools.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Was only going to use 1 T3 as you are right, two T3s will be laggy.

Did you try a steel stockholder for your tubes?

Cheers

Cheers

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nospamplease.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Haven't looked yet, because had a mild mishap this eveing. In the drizzle and failing light, I decided to ditch the airbox, and fit the cone filter.

of course that meant moving some piping to turn the airmeter on it's side and round about 45 degrees to get it and the cone in.

The slackening/twisting and turning, I happened to notice that concertina rubber connected to the turbo inlet had what looked like a small crack in it as it flexed. So I fits the air meter, and goes to fire it up, expecting it to start. It fires and dies immediatley must be all the unmetered air getting pulled into the turbo. Decides I better do something about it,a nd loosens the clamp, at which point the whole concertina disintigrates into lots parts so there isn't enoguh to get onto the turbo inlet, and the had pipe it is moulded into is too solid to clamp.

So I've bodged it. I turned the pipe round after removing, cleaning the end up as best as I could, and giving it a good wrap of gaffer tape. The good end of the pipe has gone onto the turbo inlet, the other end has had the next part of the intake pushed far further in than normally needed, and the remaining rubber, plus gaffer bandage held with a bigger hose clamp. Checked the fitting of the air meter and cone as solid, and it fired up as good as new. Idled better than before, drove smoother than before, although it would if it had a cracked intake tube, and an airbox full of leaves and a very dirty filter.

Time to find some samco/sFs Bends and put myself together a decent looking silicon intake system. Might even have a go at extending the airmeter wiring, and locating the battery to the rear of the engine bay, and making a quick straight intake.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar