ABS PROBLEM

Hi, i have a Rover 220 turbo Coupe and i=B4m having problems whith my ABS system and i don=B4t have a clue how to solve my problem,if i take my car to a Rover assistence (in Portugal) they will rip me off for sure(one time is enought) they don=B4t know how to work in this car sadly.

The Problem: At low speed (0-30 k/hm) when i press the breaks the abs starts working.I have no problem at start up and the abs works fine,but after a few kilometers the ABS light go ON.

IF ANYONE have some good ideas for solving my problem i will apreciate.

PS:Sorry if my english isn=B4t the best.

Reply to
Rover 220 Coupe

Sound as though you may have a split pick up ring on one of the front wheels, check on the drive shafts jack it up and block it so not to rely only on the jack :-) and turn the wheels all the way round while checking the ring on both sides a good shop can re weld them saving on a new cv joint if that's what it is other than that its the old testbook diagnostic or equivalent.

The Problem: At low speed (0-30 k/hm) when i press the breaks the abs starts working.I have no problem at start up and the abs works fine,but after a few kilometers the ABS light go ON.

IF ANYONE have some good ideas for solving my problem i will apreciate.

PS:Sorry if my english isn´t the best.

Reply to
R A

OK.I will "work the problem" in the this weekend.

THANKS A LOT for the help R A

Reply to
Rover 220 Coupe