Rear indicators

Aren't they meant to be orange, no matter what? I saw a PT Cruiser on the motorway today with US style flashing brake lights instead of dedicated orange indicators.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

Someone will be along to point out the MOT website soon, I'm sure. However my wife's old Moggie Minor had flashing brake lights in conjuction with trafficators. There wasn't any problem at least until we got shot of it 14 years ago. May be the Cruiser was an import?

Reply to
malc

If it's an import then it has to undergo SVA & have the indicators changed. If it belongs to a US serviceman living on base though I'm not sure that applies.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

That'll be me then :-)

First used before 1st Sept 1965, can be white front, red rear.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Plenty of them seen around the bases in East Anglia, so you are probably correct

Graham Harvest

Doesn't really matter if it is less than 3 years old though does it - is there some sort of construction / design legislation?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

It had a UK plate - An illegally formatted one too.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith