Reconsiling a Nissan Micra keyfob with the car?

Hello All!

My Mrs's 04 Micra has decided that it's keyless locking system doesn't care for the 1 and only keyfob we have for it. If you push the door button it beeps, if you push the button on the fob, nothing. All the while a red key symbol flashes on the dash.

We changed the battery recently but that was weeks ago. I has been stood for a few days, and I understand the whether hasn't been great. I see no signs of foul-play but anything is possible 'round here!

I don't think anything mechnical is amiss - the interior locking button locks all the doors as normal.

Anyone know a process to reset/reconsile the fob and car - one that avoids the inevitable and expensive experience at our local Nissan dealer ("oh, a car-supermarket car is it...").

Cheers

Reply to
Mugwump

this is the procedure for a 2002 micra: try it, it will either work or not. good luck

NOTE: A maximum of 4 key remote controls can be programmed. Obtain all key remote controls. Switch ignition ON and OFF 6 times within 10 seconds. NOTE: DO NOT remove key from ignition switch. After 2 seconds indicators will flash twice. Programming mode activated for 2 minutes, proceed as follows: Press and hold unlock button. Press lock button 3 times. Release unlock button. Indicators will flash once to confirm correct programming. Repeat above procedure to program remaining key remote controls. After fourth key is programmed, indicators flash 3 times to confirm correct programming. Switch ignition ON: Indicators flash twice (1-3 keys programmed). Indicators DO NOT flash (4 keys programmed). Programming mode deactivated. Check operation of all programmed key remote controls.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks but no-go - it's still playing up, off and on.

The garage tells me it requires 1/2 hour with a "special box".... hmmm...

Reply to
Mugwump00

This is the price of progress, sorry that didn't help, good luck.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful