Renault Captur service and repair cost?

Just wondered if anyone might have an opinion on this at all?.

Daughter has one of the above now 5 years old. Put it into the local main dealer for a MOT and service was quoted 300 quid for the service which seemed a bit steep to me, and then bad news the front Suspension arm ball joint has excessive play seems it all a one piece unit and you have to change the lot thats another 300 odd quid?

Is that the sort of price a main dealer would charge these days or is it in the realms of rip off?

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks..

Reply to
tony sayer

sounds normal for a main dealer, independant would be half (roughly)

Reply to
MrCheerful

Main dealers charge main dealer labour rates per hour. At £150 an hour or whatever, just changing a bulb can have a significant cost.

No real point in using a main dealer for a car likely now worth not a lot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As others have said, try an independent. A service record is just that. Keep receipts of all work if you intend to sell in the next few years.

Reply to
Fredxx

Had the bill in today!

Local indie next time!..

Reply to
tony sayer

I had a Renault Espace for (about) 13 years and found it excellent. However, towards the end of the time I owned it, a few minor things failed- a hose and a headlight switch spring to mind. The cost of those was horrendous. Being 'specials' you had to buy from Renault or risk a second hand part.

Reply to
Brian Reay