Puggy 40000 service?

I've just been quoted 300 notes from a Puggy main dealer to service my

206SW on a 05 plate. I have had this a year and it drives perfectly. It only has 20k on the clock, has been fully dealer serviced.

Last summer I changed the oil and filters myself but would like to if possible keep the service record up.

For 300 quid what happens? Are such as brake, steering and rad' fluids replaced or is it just a glorified oil change?

Reply to
McTavish

Sorry forgot to mention. It is a 40000 or 4 year service which is why it is due now.

Reply to
McTavish

Look in your service book: it will say what is done.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

lol - Oh that's the lot in the dashboard cupboard isn't it?

Reply to
McTavish

Right I have just looked and the only definite thing it says is the brake fluid. Nothing else is mentioned. Seems a lot for £300

Reply to
McTavish

When do Peugeot recommend a timing belt change? I'd expect that to be included for 300 sovs!

Reply to
Shawn Wilson

And knowing main dealers, that price won't include the brake fluid change, and not only that, but despite it being required at x years old, you'll still probably have to specifically ask for it or I doubt it'll get done.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

"McTavish" wrote

Keeping reciepts of any items you buy for servicing is a better indicator that the car has been looked after IMHO. I bought a Citroen many year ago with full main dealer service history. It was 7 years old and still had the original air filter from what I could tell. Not a good indication that the car was serviced as it should have been. It was shit unreliable and the stamps in the book were worthless.

I have always serviced my own cars as I refuse to pay someone else to do something I can do myself. I just put the receipts for all parts and consumables in a folder and present them to potential buyers when the time comes to sell. All the receipts show the service history, in full.

Jonah

Reply to
Jonah