Renault Megane

Hi,

I have a 7yr old car, the exhaust is vibrating like mad and is noisy when I am still, sounds ok when I am driving.. could I have lost a clip or something??

Andrea (UK)

Reply to
Andrea S

Andrea S

It could be a missing mounting (usually a shaped bit of rubber) causing the exhaust to rattle against the car. Probably is. Take it to your local exhaust fitters and ask nicely, they will fit a new one for a few pounds. Quick job.

The less likely alternative, since it's quiet when going, is that an internal baffle has come loose and is rattling, in which case you either have to put up with it or get a new exhaust (or section of, depends on the car).

Reply to
PC Paul

"PC Paul"

You are right... 3 of those rubber thingys are missing.. gonna buy some today £1.99 each.

Reply to
Andrea S

Turns out that the loose exaust has a crack we tried the steel putty, calmed it down a bit but it needs a new back box. MOT is due next month a week before the baby!

Andrea (UK)

Reply to
Andrea S

Take the exhaust replacement - it's cheaper than a baby!!!!

Neil

Reply to
Neil