Renault Megane heater

Hi I have an S reg Megane that has started to just blow out cold air and occassionally very slight warm air. I've topped up the water but it's still the same. The engine gets up to running temperature quickly and remains at that temp while running. I noticed one of the water hoses has a small plastic screw that is easily taken out. I assume this is a bleed screw for when air is in the system????? Can anyone tell me if that is so and also any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to get round it as I don't fancy taking out the matrix as it looks a big job? TIA Phil

Reply to
PP

you could have air in the system, so a bleed might be worth a shot, also it is a bleed screw but be careful undoing it, being plastic it breaks very easily.

Reply to
reg

I've changed a few blocke-up heater matrix (or should it be matrices) in Megane Scenics. Tried flushing through first, but no luck.

Customers were over the moon with the amount of heat that a new matrix gave out.

Reply to
NT