2004 Toyota corolla ride"jiggle"

Hi I thought I'd ask about this as to me it doesn't seem normal. My mum has been complaining about the newish Toyota corolla that my parents bought in the Summer. It has a weird sort of jiggle to the ride which I also have experienced when I've been in it. It seems to be a sort of diagonal side to side motion and is constant throughout the ride. As a result mum gets very car sick (though she is sensitive to this - much prefering two wheeled transport..!) and even feels sick when driving.

Surely this can't be normal? My 7 year old fiesta's ride, although a little harder feels much smoother than the corollas with no weird jiggle or bouncing and mum doesn't get car sick at all in that. I would have thought the corolla would be better?! My parents used to have an early 90's corolla and were very impressed with it which is why they had no hesitation buying a new one although now they seem to hate the new corolla.

Could there be a suspension problem causing the jiggle? Or is this just the way that the new, taller cars feel?

They did take it back to the dealer and complain but got nowhere.

Reply to
loony

If its newish its unlikely to have any wear in the suspension bushes but it

*could* have a tyre problem. Jack each corner up in turn and spin the wheels checking that they run true, or get a tyre depot to check and balence each wheel
Reply to
Steptoe

Sounds like it's been kerbed etc and has either a bent wheel or damaged tyre.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)