renault trafic

Hi,

I have a 1984 trafic with the 2068CC diesel engine and 3 questions :)

- Where is the temperature sensor located (the one that is connected to the temp gauge on the dash) While I was driving the other day, all of a sudden the gauge stopped working (dropped). Later when I looked under the bonnet I saw a female spade connector hanging loose (there are 2 brown wires coming over the engine from the main loom next to the heater, one plugs on the oil pressure sensor, the other one is this loose one), If I short this loose one to the chassis, I can see the gauge flick into the overheat position. This means I am looking for a sensor that reduces its resistance to earth the hotter it gets am I right? I can't however find it, had a few friends looking at it as well .. nothing. Due to the position the wire was in it has to be fairly close to the oil pressure sensor. I even have the Peter Russek Renault J8S engine manual but it doesn't mention it either.

- While hunting for the above sensor I did find a sensor on the other side underneath the engine. It was not connected and is a 4 inch long black stick which screws into the sump (?) with 2 holes in it and two wires coming out. Is this some kind of oil level thing and not being used?

- I see trafics being called T1000, T1400 etc .. does anyone know what the correct type for the 1984 2068 diesel trafic is?

Thanks :)

Reply to
Lieuwe.Elgersma

The t1000 , t1400 is the carrying capacity in kg

Reply to
steve robinson