renault trafic

can anyone help my trusty renault trafic m reg is now giving me problems i have no heat coming from heater. engine is hot the input hose to matrix is hot but the return is cold. i have replaced pump and thermostat.ihave bled system when i take of return hose at matrix water only comes out at very high revs.when it is hot i put the hose back on the matrix burning my fingers as well and i get heat,but as soon as i turn of engine i am back to square one, have done this a couple of times any one help cheers johnny

Reply to
johnny

Valve that shuts off water to heater matrix is not opening ? Blockage in matrix?

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

you say it may be blocked,but why when i take of the hose the water comes out

Reply to
johnny

You said it only comes out at "very high revs", when the water pump is maxed out, maybe overcoming whatever the blockage or hindrance is.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

i will take matrix out and see what i can do cheers let you know how i got on

Reply to
johnny

Auxiliary drive belt loose, water pump on the blink? DaveK.

Reply to
davek

belt tight new pump&stat getting fed up

Reply to
johnny via CarKB.com

took matrix out water flowing through it fine ,water seems to be struggling just to get around hose ,no kinks or blackages took hoses off ok any suggestions

Reply to
johnny via CarKB.com

I don't understand how you can say "water seems to be struggling just to get around hose" yet also say "no blockages". How do you know there is no blockage somewhere?

Reply to
David Taylor

Reply to
johnny via CarKB.com