Resetting a Laguna service light

How is the service light reset on these cars? It is a '97 "R" Laguna 1.8 SOHC.

TIA

Reply to
gazzafield

Do you have a trip computer?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Not that I'm aware of. I simply have a trip meter. Is that what you mean?

Reply to
gazzafield

If you do not have a trip computer then the light that says serv is not a "needs a service" light. It is a MIL light , which means you need to read the fault code and fix the problem that it indicates.

You need the special fault code reader afaik

(the cars with a trip computer have a spanner symbol that IS a "needs a service light")

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanx MrCheerful. I just expected this light to pop on at some point even though I do the servicing.

Reply to
gazzafield

well sometimes they show a spurious fault code, like when corsas show the light because the "knock sensor" fault, it may actually be because there is cheapo supermarket petrol in there making it pink!! A tank of real juice and the light goes away!! Or if the throttle cable is tight, it may show a tps fault!! or a bad connection to a sensor can put the light on, some cars if the fuel cap isn't tight, you guessed it , the light comes on, so don't rush to a dealer, have a good look round first.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful