Roling road/dyno near Manchester???

Hi all, I wondered if anyone could reccomend a dyno up this way with experience of setting up diesels? My injector pump has been calibrated by a monkey with a lump hammer, and I figure the best way of getting it right is to stick it on a rolling road and measure the mixture through the range - it would help if the guys running it have experience of TDIs too.

Hope you can help, thanks

Reply to
frank

I was recommended to this place a few years ago for diesel repairs etc.. Maybe they know somewhere or could help.

pjlusenet

Diesels don't need to go on a dyno to be set-up. To do it properly involves a Dial Gauge, and a suitable adapter to set the timing up perfectly.

If any of the other adjustments have been played with, then it really needs the pump taken of, and set-up on a test bench.

Reply to
moray

Whilst that's generally true you can tweak them to match the engine on a dyno. But you'd want to start from base spec.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

try the derv doctor

isnt too far frommanc and is supposed to be quite good.

Reply to
caveman_si