Rolling Road

I need a four-wheel rolling road in the Sheffield / South Yorkshire area. Anyone know of one? I've decided that the best way to fix the

101 is stick it on a dyno for an hour and run its nuts off....

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Tim,

here's a list of all the rolling roads in the UK, but you'll need to dig through them to find 4x4 capable ones

Si

Reply to
Simon K

whoops, when I checked that link its a bit different

bear with me

Si

Reply to
Simon K

You temptress... :-)

Reply to
Mother

Just called

Helpful and friendly chap!

There are no height or weight restrictions to bother 101 owners, so that's OK. Earliest available date is 22nd August, which is a bit of a bugger and probably kills the idea.

For information he reckoned a whole morning slot would be the way to go, at £68 + vat per hour. So not a cheap option, but if anyone fancies an unofficial Land Rover test morning to get some dyno figures and do a bit of tweaking let me know. I'm certainly up for it once I've got the 101 running right.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

They do say quite a bit on their site about Caterhams, so quite possible.

He said 3 tonnes was no bother. I didn't ask him about 38 inch wheels... Not sure about the Detroit, but why would it care or know the difference?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

BTW - is my 101 still outside your house? I left the keys with Warren yesterday, but he hasn't called to say how he's doing with it. He was going to try and get out in it yesterday, but I don't want to nag him...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

not often I can help, but when I do ;-)

Si

Reply to
Simon K

He was inside it for a good couple of hours yesterday, however he collected my GS this morning to get it off for the MOT...

I think he's coming back to do some more twiddling on yours with a chainsaw this afternoon :-)

Reply to
Mother

Presumably the novel hand-throttle arrangement and equally innovative 'open fuel tank' arrangement will not be presented for test?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Former fixed, latter will not be needed when the LPG system is checked over. I didn't want to put any LPG in until the whole installation had been tested - especially given that it's been stood for 2 years. I also want the LPG tank moved as it takes up too much space in the loadbed. Top of the list for me to do is fix the hoodsticks - so I can cover it with the tilt!

Reply to
Mother