Roof Repair

A ridge tile blew off my roof this afternoon and landed on the roof of my

2005 Rover 45 parked on the drive below.

Luckily no damage to persons or any other panel on the car - just the roof.

My insurance excess is £250 but I suspect the repair cost would be much more than this, so will probably go through the insurance.

But as an idea, what sort of costs and are involved here? It's not like a wing for example is it, take off, bolt on...

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul

I reckon the'll write it off.

Roof damage usually means a re-shell - and it's not worth re-shelling a Rover 45, even if you could get a new shell for it. Which you can't.

Reply to
SteveH

A body place would charge about 250, the insurance will write it off. You may be able to buy it back and fix it , if you want to.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

In news:45afeacb$0$8742$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net, Paul wittered on forthwith;

Depends on how bad the damage is, if it's just a dent then it'll be about £150 to fix at local bodyshop, if the roof is knackered then so are you.

The fence blew onto my 190E this afternoon, luckily it only broke the aerial.

Reply to
Pete M

Check your home insurance - should cover liability for bits of house causing material damage. IIRC some rovers can have a new roof skin fitted.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Could you fit a sunroof?

Reply to
IanDTurner

Nope - house insurance wouldn't cover the car. And the car insurance company agreed it was them that would deal, not the people who do the buildings.

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul

Not unless I want it in the rear offside corner!

Reply to
Paul

"Pete M" wrote in message news:eoosiq$td8$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

It's rather big - a footlong heavy ridge tile fell on it from the top of the house! And it covers about 2 square foot.

Thank God for insurance!

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul

A rather strange comment, seeing as how they won't insure against "acts of God" :-)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morton

I've seen an old audi 80 have a new roof skin- in this case to remove a sunroof. There was a hidden join covered with braze and filled on the roof pillars.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Well, the insurance are sorting it...

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Just been to repair garage - repair is exactly as you describe. New roof skin, joined under the black strips that run down either side of the roof.

8-10 days for delivery, a week to repair, then we're back on the road.

Rgds Paul

Reply to
Paul