Rough running Clio 1.2 1999

hi, i have had me car for just over a week and overall everythign seems fine with it, however it seems to be running a bit rough the last few days. it feels like driving over hundreds of tiny bumps in the road and it appears to be at its worst between 30 and 40 mph. it was only serviced at renault 6 weeks ago and it was fine when i drove it home. the problem seems to coincide with me refuling at asda. could it be the fuel? has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas?

Reply to
unjaded_dragon

Sounds like the engine is misfiring. 1.2's don't run particularly high compression so won't be overly fussed on fuel RON. AFAIK these engines run a pre and post cat O2 sensor, so I'd suspect the efficiency of the catalytic convertor at this age. Do you have an engine warning light? First of all, replace the HT leads (spark plug leads) and spark plugs with brand new items. HT leads can break down with age, as can the plugs. Let us know how you get on with this...

Reply to
Sandy Nuts