Rover 25 2.0 turbo diesel

Hi all,

Tried one of these out for a new-to-me used car and thought it was pretty good. The L-series ain't the quietest diesel around but certainly had very impressive pulling power in the mid-range.

However I found the throttle pedal to be really quite heavy (much more than my mk3 petrol R200). It fellt more like my clutch! I'd have a right thigh like arnie before too long. Just wondered if it was a normal of this car and engine combination or whether I could have driven a dodgy one?

Could anyone who has one care to comment?

Thanks

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

My corsa 1.7D is really stiff..... as is the 1.7D Combo Van

I cant find any reason other than most new cars are fly by wire and we are gettin acustomed to them,

checked it back to the govenor and its that thats stiff....

Pah im gettin rid of it soon YEY

Reply to
Tom Burton

This age of L series will be drive by wire, so the stiff pedal will be down to springing at the pedal itself, which may be binding or something.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's quite normal for it to go stiff - but think of it as a means of saving fuel! :)

Reply to
DervMan