Rover 820

Can anyone suggest a reason for my car driving to the right when I accelerate and to the left when I take my foot off the pedal. Something must be worn, but what? I have got used to adjusting my steering to cope with it but I can't let it go on for much longer. chris

Reply to
outofthewoods

probably a seriously worn bottom ball joint, or a track rod end, probably on the right, wobble each wheel by hand and you may hear/feel a clonk, jack up that wheel and rewobble and establish where the movement is, replace as necessary.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Also sprach "mrcheerful ." :-

Or possibly just very badly matched tyres.

Reply to
Guy King

Lower arm bushes, I'll bet.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Or even unequal tyre pressures

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

Also sprach snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Andy Hewitt):-

Most likely - but I've met it caused by odd tyres.

Reply to
Guy King